I was honored and humbled a little while ago to be nominated for the Versatile blogger award by a wonderful blogger from Hungary at While He Was Out. Her no-knead artisan bread truly changed my life! I was contemplating the rules and that I have to choose 15 other bloggers to pass the award on to…. I wanted to take a little time to think it through when I was nominated again by a wonderful Indonesian blogger Mama Miyuki Easy Pantsy and another great blogger, Dave at Kitchen Convivial. I am truly honored to be thought highly enough by these amazing bloggers (each with their own unique style) to be nominated. Thank you! So, I shall pass the love along, some of these blogs will probably have multiple nominations for the same award, but here’s what I think about that….it’s my job to pick my favorites and nominate. It doesn’t matter how many times someone has been nominated or received the award. It just means it’s a great blog….and I have good taste!
Here are the rules of this award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are the 7 things about myself:
1. I have huge portions of the dialogue from The Princess Bride memorized. I love to just whip out quotes from it at random.
2. I have worked with refugees and refugee resettlement for many years and love all the new things I learn every day.
3. I am brown
4. I’ve been married for nearly 26 years…oh yeah to the same guy.
5. I often try time saving tips with disastrous results(i.e. the time I tried to iron a shirt..I was wearing it at the time, or hot gluing a Halloween costume while one of my children was still in them)
6. Some of my best kitchen tools have come from home improvements stores like the Home Depot (blow torch, bricks, rotisserie, grill mesh….)
7. I think it’s a great idea to laugh everyday…usually at myself.
Now for passing on the love in no particular order:
1. Evelyn at 100 days of Evelyn – I love the premise of her blog…a life list of things in all areas of her life that she’d like to complete. An awesome goal and she’s crossed a lot off already. Love her food too! I’m inspired.
2. Nadia at Nadia’s nutrition diary – because she is a rocking young dietitian, entrepreneur and philanthropher who passes along great, timely nutritional information.
3. Ishita at Ishita unblogged – A wonderful site full of gorgeous photography, travel insights, stories and of course food. Plus, she is a fellow bengali speaker!
4. Come Due Mailai/like two pigs – A great read– not just the food section but the great travel and other stories as well.
5. Meg at The Life and Times of Choconutmeg – she just makes me laugh and she loves chocolate…Nuff said.
6. Amy at Afternoon Popcorn Snack – She makes me want to buy some property in Oaklahoma and a rocking chair and hang out. Love it.
7. Daily Dose of Fresh – wonderful blogger from South Africa who gardens, cooks and takes gorgeous photography. I spent a lot of time looking through her blog because she sucked me in.
8. Claire at Food ReFashionista – I admire someone who has taken what could be some serious lemons in her life and made lemonade. She’s trying to live a gluten free, lactose intolerant life….on a diet.
9. Cool Cook Style – Because the girl can cook, she’s funnay (not a typo) and finishing up graduate school. Whenever I find myself cooking things from another blog, I know it’s a keeper!
10. Guro at Chocolates and Raspberries – I have a thing for shoes and this is a blog full of awesome shoes, clothes, style. It’s like crack for shoe addicts.
11. In search of perfect – gorgeous pictures of all her travels. I’ve been to quite a few of the same places and it’s delightful to see it through another set of eyes.
12. 400 days ’til 40 – A great idea. Wish I’d thought of it myself. A daily blog about living more, learning more and laughing more until the “big” 40th birthday!
13. Jasmine at Paintbox Kitchen – I just discovered Jasmine’s blog and I enjoy the way she writes and her very artistic pictures.
14. Learn to Bake – I actually went through the metric to old English calculations and made the Easy Brioche recipe from this blog…success!
15. Matthew at Bacon Time - Like the show Seinfeld it’s a blog about.. well, I don’t know exactly but I keep following it and he makes me actually LOL.
My weekend is now complete!